As you know, we are providing free meals to feed those in need in the local community. So far, we have cooked thousands of meals - making big deliveries to Queen’s Medical Centre and YMCA, along with many other places.
But we cannot stop there… We have many more thousands of pounds to raise on our JustGiving page and we need your help. Will you be our fundraising hero? We are going to put some good prizes up for grabs if you do...
We are asking you to set up a JustGiving page and do something amazing in support of this cause. If you raise:
· £50 – we will give you a free Gyros when we re-open
· £100 – we will give you a voucher for a free lunch offer for 2 when we re-open
· £500 – the big goal – we will give you a table for 2 to our special meze.
Anything over this, please do get in touch and let us figure something more catered to you out!
We need you, our loyal customers, to help us out with some fundraising activities of your own. Here are some ideas that you can do in the safety of your home:
1. Home Challenges – how fast can you empty the dishwasher? What is your speed on hoovering the house? Set you and your family/friends up with some chore-Olympics! Get people to bet on how quickly you will be.
2. A back-garden run – Set yourself a distance, get out in the garden and run some laps! It’s great for your health, gets you out in the fresh air, and helps support us with generous donations to your challenge. Plus, if you do your 5K, you could jump on that run 5/nominate 5/donate 5 trend! And if you don’t have a back garden, you could do this elsewhere like the stairs or hallway in your home, or the stretch of pavement just outside.
3. A big shave – if there is one thing I know my partner wants me to do, it’s to get my haircut. It is currently out of control, as I am sure some of your hair will be now. Why not take the chance to get donations for a head shave? Take it from someone who just had a close shave, you will feel so much better!
The options are literally endless – have a think and find something perfect for you. After that, you need a Just Giving page, which you can do easily on their website.
You can create a page where all donations pay directly to your bank account, which you will need to do for this. Once you have got your money, pay it in bulk into the Yamas Just Giving page as one donation, and we can see how much you raised!
I know this is a big ask, but together with amazing members of the local community, we hope you can help us feed the vulnerable, the elderly, and brave key workers in the area.
152 views0 comments